The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Dist. by: RB Health (US)Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL)PurposesDextromethorphan HBr 5 mgCough suppressantGuaifenesin 100 mgExpectorant
- Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productivetemporarily relieves:cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritantsthe intensity of coughingthe impulse to cough to help your child get to sleep
Otc - Do Not Use
Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If The Child Has
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthmacough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Otc - When Using
When using this product do not use more than directed
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not give more than 6 doses in any 24-hour periodmeasure only with dosing cup provideddo not use dosing cup with other productsdose as follows or as directed by a doctorAgeDosechildren 6 years to under 12 years of age5 mL – 10 mL every 4 hourschildren 4 years to under 6 years of age2.5 mL – 5 mL every 4 hourschildren under 4 years of agedo not use
- Each 5 mL contains: sodium 3 mgstore at 20-25°C (68-77°F)do not refrigerate
Ammonium glycyrrhizate, anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, flavors, glycerin (soy), propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639)You may also report side effects to this phone number.
* Please review the disclaimer below.