The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Dist. by: RB Health (US) Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each 10 mL)PurposesAcetaminophen 325 mgPain reliever/fever reducerDextromethorphan HBr 10 mgCough suppressantGuaifenesin 200 mgExpectorantPhenylephrine HCl 5 mgNasal decongestant
- Temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:coughnasal congestionminor aches and painssore throatheadachestuffy nosesinus congestion and pressuretemporarily reduces feverhelps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amountwith other drugs containing acetaminophen
- Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:skin reddeningblistersrashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore Throat Warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If The Child Has
- Liver diseaseheart diseasehigh blood pressurethyroid diseasediabetespersistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthmacough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Otc - When Using
When using this product do not use more than directed (see Overdose warning)
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurpain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 daysfever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is presentnew symptoms occurcough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- This product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult usedo not give more than directed (see Overdose warning)measure only with dosing cup provideddo not use dosing cup with other productsdose as follows or as directed by a doctorchildren 6 to under 12 years of age: 10 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours while symptoms last; do not give more than 5 doses in any 24-hour periodchildren under 6 years of age: do not use
- Each 10 mL contains: sodium 6 mgstore at 20-25°C (68-77°F)do not refrigerate
Ammonium glycyrrhizate, anhydrous citric acid, cochineal carmine, edetate disodium, flavors, glycerin (soy), maltodextrin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639)You may also report side effects to this phone number.
* Please review the disclaimer below.