The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (in each caplet)Calcium polycarbophil 625 mg equivalent to 500 mg polycarbophil
Otc - Purpose
PURPOSEBulk-forming fiber laxative
- •relieves occasional constipation to help restore and maintain regularity •this product generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Choking Warning: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting •a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
Taking any other drug. Take this product 2 or more hours before or after other drugs. All laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
When Using This Product
- •do not use for more than 7 days unless directed by a doctor •do not take more than 8 tablets in a 24 hour period unless directed by a doctor
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Rectal bleeding occurs or if you fail to have a bowel movement after use of this or any other laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away at 1-800-222-1222.
- •Take each dose of this product with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. (See choking warning). •This product works naturally so continued use for one to three days is normally required to provide full benefit. Dosage may vary according to diet, exercise, previous laxative use or severity of constipation.AgeRecommendedDaily maximumadults & children 12 years of age and over2 caplets once a dayup to 4 times a daychildren under 12 yearsconsult a physician
- •each caplet contains: calcium 125 mg •do not use if imprinted safety seal under cap is broken or missing •store at 20-25°C (68-77°F) •protect contents from moisture
Calcium carbonate, caramel, crospovidone, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, maltodextrin, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol, silica, sodium lauryl sulfate.
* Please review the disclaimer below.