The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Caplet)
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
Upset stomach reliever/antidiarrheal
- Relieves:travelers' diarrheadiarrheaupset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:belchingindigestiongasfullnessheartburnnausea
- Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are:allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) taking other salicylate products
Do Not Use
- If you havean ulcera bleeding problembloody or black stool
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Taking any drug fordiabetesarthritisanticoagulation (thinning the blood)gout
When Using This Product
A temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Symptoms get worseringing in the ears or loss of hearing occursdiarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not take more than directedswallow with water; do not chewdrink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrheaadults and children 12 years and over: 2 caplets every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed. Do not exceed 8 doses (16 caplets) in 24 hours. use until diarrhea stops, but not more than 2 dayschildren under 12 years: ask a doctor
- Each caplet contains: calcium 20 mg, salicylate 103 mgstore at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)avoid excessive heatsee end flap for expiration date and lot number
Calcium carbonate, corn starch, D&C red #27 aluminum lake, D&C red #30 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid
* Please review the disclaimer below.