The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each 15 Ml Dose)
Bismuth subsalicylate 525 mg
Upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
- Relieves▪travelers’ diarrhea▪diarrhea▪upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:▪heartburn▪indigestion▪nausea▪gas▪belching▪fullness
- Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea or vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.Allergy alert: Contains salicylate.Do not take if you are▪allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)▪taking other salicylate products
Do Not Use If You Have
- ▪an ulcer▪a bleeding problem▪bloody or black stool
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- ▪fever▪mucus in the stool
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Taking any drug for▪anticoagulation (thinning the blood)▪diabetes▪gout▪arthritis
When Using This Product
A temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- ▪symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days▪ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs▪diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away at (1-800-222-1222).
- ▪shake well before use▪only use dose cup provided▪adults and children 12 years and over: 15 mL (1 dose) every 1/2 or 30 mL (2 doses) every hour as needed for diarrhea/traveler’s diarrhea.▪15 mL (1 dose) every 1/2 hour as needed for overindulgence (upset stomach, heartburn, indigestion, nausea)▪do not exceed 8 doses (120 mL) in 24 hours▪use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days▪children under 12 years: ask a doctor▪drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- •each 15 mL contains: sodium 10 mg •salicylate 230 mg •low sodium •sugar free •store at room temperature •protect from freezing •avoid excessive heat (over 104°F or 40°C)
Carboxymethylcellulose sodium, D&C Red No. 22, D&C Red No. 28, flavor, microcrystalline cellulose, potassium hydroxide, potassium sorbate, purified water, salicylic acid, simethicone emulsion, sodium benzoate, sucralose, xanthan gum
Call 800-824-1706 Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm MSTDO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SHRINK BAND IS MISSING OR BROKEN.
* Please review the disclaimer below.