The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active ingredient (in each 30 mL dose cup) Bismuth subsalicylate 525 mg
Upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
- Relievestravelers’ diarrheadiarrheaupset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:heartburnindigestionnauseagasbelchingfullness
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness. Allergy alert: Contains salicylate.
Do Not Take If You Are
- Allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) taking other salicylate products Do not use if you havean ulcer a bleeding problem bloody or black stool.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are Taking Any Drug For
- Anticoagulation (thinning the blood) diabetes gout arthritis When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Symptoms get worse or last more than 2 daysringing in the ears or loss of hearing occursdiarrhea lasts more than 2 daysIf pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- Shake well before usemL=millilitermeasure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device adults and children 12 years and over: 1 dose (30 mL) every 1/2 to 1 hour as neededdo not exceed 8 doses (240 mL) in 24 hoursuse until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 dayschildren under 12 years: ask a doctordrink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrheaOther informationeach 30 mL dose cup contains: magnesium 12 mg, sodium 7 mgsalicylate 233 mglow sodiumStore at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)and protect from freezingavoid excessive heat (over 104°F or 40°C)TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if the printed seal under the cap is missing or broken.
Benzoic acid, D&C Red No. 22, D&C Red No. 28, flavor, magnesium aluminum silicate type 1C, purified water, saccharin sodium, salicylic acid, sodium salicylate, sorbic acid, xanthan gum * This product is not manufactured or distributed by Procter & Gamble, distributor of Pepto-Bismol℗.Distributed by: Marc Glassman, Inc. West 130th Street Cleveland, OH 44130
* Please review the disclaimer below.