The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Naproxen sodium 220mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:minor pain of arthritismuscular achesbackachemenstrual crampsheadachetoothachethe common coldtemporarily reduces fever
- Allergy alert: Naproxen sodium may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may includehivesfacial swellingasthma (wheezing)shockskin reddeningrashblistersIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if youare age 60 or olderhave had stomach ulcers or bleeding problemstake a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drugtake other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this producttake more or for a longer time than directed. Heart attack and stroke warning: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Do Not Use
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducerright before or after heart surgery
Ask A Doctor Before Use If
- The stomach bleeding warning applies to youyou have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburnyou have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney diseaseyou are taking a diureticyou have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducersyou have asthma
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If
- Under a doctor’s care for any serious condition taking aspirin for heart attack or stroke, because naproxen may decrease this benefit of aspirintaking any other drug
When Using This Product
- Take with food or milk if stomach upset occursthe risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- You experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:feel faintvomit bloodhave bloody or black stoolshave stomach pain that does not get betteryou have symptoms of heart problems or stroke:chest paintrouble breathing weakness in one part or side of body slurred speechleg swellingpain gets worse or lasts more than 10 daysfever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is present in the painful areaany new symptoms appear
Ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use naproxen sodium during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- Do not take more than directedthe smallest effective dose should be useddrink a full glass of water with each doseAdults and children 12 years and older: take 1 caplet every 8 to 12 hours while symptoms lastfor the first dose you may take 2 caplets within the first hourdo not exceed 2 caplets in any 8 to 12 hour perioddo not exceed 3 caplets in a 24 hour period Children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- Each caplet contains: sodium 20 mgstore at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77° F)avoid high humidity and excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)do not use if tamper evident seal under bottle is broken or missing
Corn starch, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, purified water, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.