The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL = 1 tsp)PurposeCodeine phosphate, USP 10 mg AntitussiveGuaifenesin, USP 100 mgExpectorant
- Temporarily relieves:cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold or inhaled irritantsyour cough to help you sleephelps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.
Ask Your Doctor Before Use If
- You have a persistent cough, this may be a sign of a serious conditionyou have a persistent cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysemayou have a cough that is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)you have chronic pulmonary disease or shortness of breathgiving to a child who is taking other drugs
When Using This Product
- Giving a higher dose than recommended by a doctor could result in serious side effects for your child. A special measuring device should be used to give an accurate dose of this product to children under 6 years of age.may cause or aggravate constipation
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Symptoms do not improve within 7 days, tend to recur or are accompanied by fever and rash or persistent headache. These may be symptoms of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not exceed 6 doses in 24 hours.Adults and children 12 years of age and over:2 tsp (10 mL) every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor.Children 6 to under 12 years of age:1 tsp (5 mL) every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor.Children under 6 years of age:Consult a doctor.
Store at controlled room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).You may report side effects by calling 1-844-221-7294 or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Cherry Flavor, Citric Acid Anhydrous, Glycerin, Masking Agent, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Sorbitol Solution, Sucralose.
* Please review the disclaimer below.