The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
TAMPER-EVIDENT: Carton is sealed for your protection.Retain carton for complete product information.Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895CVS.com 1-800-SHOP-CVSMade in Canada
Otc - Active Ingredient
Active ingredientsBenzocaine 20%Menthol 0.1%
Otc - Purpose
PurposeOral pain relieverOral pain reliever
Indications & Usage
- Usesfor the temporary relief of pain due tocanker soresminor injury of the mouth and gumsminor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures
- WarningsMethemoglobinemia warning: use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in blood. This can occur even if you have used this product before. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if you or a child in your care develops:
- Pale, gray or blue colored skin (cyanosis)headacherapid heart rateshortness of breathdizziness or lightheadednessfatigue or lack of energyAllergy alert: do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics
Otc - Do Not Use
- Do not usemore than directedfor more than 7 days unless told to do so by a dentist or doctorfor teethingin children under 2 years of age
Otc - Stop Use
- Stop use and ask a doctor ifswelling, rash or fever developsirritation, pain or redness persists or worsenssymptoms do not improve in 7 daysallergic reaction occurs
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Dosage & Administration
- Directionsdo not use if package has been openedadults and children 2 years of age and
- Older: using applicator tip, apply to the cavity and around the gum surrounding the teeth. Use up to 4 times daily or as directed by a dentist or doctor. Children 12 years of age should be supervised in the use of this product
- Children under 2 years of age: do not use
Other Safety Information
Other information This preparation is intended for use in cases of toothache, only as a temporary expedient until a dentist can be consulted. Do not use continuously.
Inactive ingredients alcohol, flavor, polyethylene glycol, red 40, sodium saccharin, water, yellow 5
* Please review the disclaimer below.