The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each softgel)PurposesDextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mgCough suppressantGuaifenesin, USP 200 mgExpectorant
- Temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a coldhelps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
Otc - Do Not Use
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not take more than 12 softgels in any 24-hour periodthis adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of ageagedoseadults and children 12 years and over2 softgels every 4 hourschildren under 12 yearsdo not use
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F).avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
FD&C Red-40, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, special sorbitol, titanium dioxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.