NDC 72189-427 Simvastatin
Tablet, Film Coated Oral
|Color(s)||RED (C48326 - (BRICK RED)) |
|Shape||ROUND (C48348) |
|Size(s)||10 MM |
NDC Code 72189-427-90
Package Description: 90 TABLET, FILM COATED in 1 BOTTLE
What is NDC 72189-427?
The NDC code 72189-427 is assigned by the FDA to the product Simvastatin which is a human prescription drug product labeled by Direct_rx. The product's dosage form is tablet, film coated and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in a single package with assigned NDC code 72189-427-90 90 tablet, film coated in 1 bottle . This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information and RxNorm crosswalk.
What are the uses for Simvastatin?
Simvastatin is used along with a proper diet to help lower "bad" cholesterol and fats (such as LDL, triglycerides) and raise "good" cholesterol (HDL) in the blood. It belongs to a group of drugs known as "statins." It works by reducing the amount of cholesterol made by the liver. Lowering "bad" cholesterol and triglycerides and raising "good" cholesterol decreases the risk of heart disease and helps prevent strokes and heart attacks. In addition to eating a proper diet (such as a low-cholesterol/low-fat diet), other lifestyle changes that may help this medication work better include exercising, losing weight if overweight, and stopping smoking. Consult your doctor for more details.
What are Simvastatin Active Ingredients?
An active ingredient is the substance responsible for the medicinal effects of a product specified by the substance's molecular structure or if the molecular structure is not known, defined by an unambiguous definition that identifies the substance. Each active ingredient name is the preferred term of the UNII code submitted.
- SIMVASTATIN 40 mg/1 - A derivative of LOVASTATIN and potent competitive inhibitor of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase (HYDROXYMETHYLGLUTARYL COA REDUCTASES), which is the rate-limiting enzyme in cholesterol biosynthesis. It may also interfere with steroid hormone production. Due to the induction of hepatic LDL RECEPTORS, it increases breakdown of LDL CHOLESTEROL.
Which are Simvastatin UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- SIMVASTATIN (UNII: AGG2FN16EV)
- SIMVASTATIN (UNII: AGG2FN16EV) (Active Moiety)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Simvastatin?
RxNorm is a normalized naming system for generic and branded drugs that assigns unique concept identifier(s) known as RxCUIs to NDC products.The NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for this produdct code indicates a single concept unique identifier (RXCUI) is associated with this product:
- RxCUI: 198211 - simvastatin 40 MG Oral Tablet
Which are Simvastatin Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE (UNII: EWQ57Q8I5X)
- MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)
- STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)
- HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE (1600000 WAMW) (UNII: RFW2ET671P)
- ASCORBIC ACID (UNII: PQ6CK8PD0R)
- HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO)
- CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U)
- TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U)
- FERROSOFERRIC OXIDE (UNII: XM0M87F357)
- CITRIC ACID MONOHYDRATE (UNII: 2968PHW8QP)
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP)
- BUTYLATED HYDROXYANISOLE (UNII: REK4960K2U)
Which are the Pharmacologic Classes for Simvastatin?
A pharmacologic class is a group of drugs that share the same scientifically documented properties. The following is a list of the reported pharmacologic class(es) corresponding to the active ingredients of this product.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label