NDC 72189-433 Sumatriptan Succinate
Tablet, Film Coated Oral
|Color(s)||WHITE (C48325) |
|Shape||TRIANGLE (C48353) |
|Size(s)||8 MM |
NDC Code 72189-433-09
Package Description: 9 TABLET, FILM COATED in 1 BOTTLE
What is NDC 72189-433?
The NDC code 72189-433 is assigned by the FDA to the product Sumatriptan Succinate which is a human prescription drug product labeled by Direct_rx. The product's dosage form is tablet, film coated and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in a single package with assigned NDC code 72189-433-09 9 tablet, film coated in 1 bottle . This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information and RxNorm crosswalk.
What are the uses for Sumatriptan Succinate?
Sumatriptan is used to treat migraines. It helps to relieve headache, pain, and other migraine symptoms (including nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light/sound). Prompt treatment helps you return to your normal routine and may decrease your need for other pain medications. Sumatriptan belongs to a class of drugs known as triptans. It affects a certain natural substance (serotonin) that causes narrowing of blood vessels in the brain. It may also relieve pain by affecting certain nerves in the brain. Sumatriptan does not prevent future migraines or lessen how often you get migraine attacks.
What are Sumatriptan Succinate Active Ingredients?
An active ingredient is the substance responsible for the medicinal effects of a product specified by the substance's molecular structure or if the molecular structure is not known, defined by an unambiguous definition that identifies the substance. Each active ingredient name is the preferred term of the UNII code submitted.
- SUMATRIPTAN SUCCINATE 50 mg/1 - A serotonin agonist that acts selectively at 5HT1 receptors. It is used in the treatment of MIGRAINE DISORDERS.
Which are Sumatriptan Succinate UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- SUMATRIPTAN SUCCINATE (UNII: J8BDZ68989)
- SUMATRIPTAN (UNII: 8R78F6L9VO) (Active Moiety)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Sumatriptan Succinate?
RxNorm is a normalized naming system for generic and branded drugs that assigns unique concept identifier(s) known as RxCUIs to NDC products.The NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for this produdct indicates multiple concept unique identifiers (RXCUIs) are associated with this product:
- RxCUI: 313161 - SUMAtriptan succinate 50 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 313161 - sumatriptan 50 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 313161 - sumatriptan 50 MG (as sumatriptan succinate 70 MG) Oral Tablet
Which are Sumatriptan Succinate Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, DIBASIC, ANHYDROUS (UNII: L11K75P92J)
- MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)
- POLYSORBATE 80 (UNII: 6OZP39ZG8H)
- TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U)
- SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4)
- CROSCARMELLOSE SODIUM (UNII: M28OL1HH48)
- HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO)
- CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U)
- POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A)
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP)
Which are the Pharmacologic Classes for Sumatriptan Succinate?
A pharmacologic class is a group of drugs that share the same scientifically documented properties. The following is a list of the reported pharmacologic class(es) corresponding to the active ingredients of this product.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label