The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
Otc - Active Ingredient
Minoxidil 5% w/v
Otc - Purpose
Hair regrowth treatment for men
Use to regrow hair on the top of the scalp (vertex only, see pictures on side of carton)
For external use only. For use by men only.Flammable: Keep away from fire or flame.
Otc - Do Not Use
- Do not use if:You are a womanYour amount of hair loss is different than shown on the side of this carton or hair loss is on the front of the scalp, 5% minoxidil topical solution is not intended for frontal baldness or receding hairlineYou have no family history of hair lossYour hair loss is sudden and/or patchyYou do not know the reason for your hair lossYou are under 18 years of age. Do not use on babies or childrenYour scalp is red, inflamed, infected, irritated, or painfulYou use other medicines on the scalp
Otc - Ask Doctor
Ask your doctor before use if you have heart disease.
Otc - When Using
- When using this productDo not apply on other parts of the bodyAvoid contact with the eyes. In case of accidental contact, rinse eyes with large amounts of cool tap waterSome people have expereinced changes in hair color and/or textureIt takes time to regrow hair. Results may occur at 2 months with twice a day usage. For some men, you may need to use this product for at least 4 months before you see resultsThe amount of hair regrowth is different for each personThis product will not work for all men
Otc - Stop Use
- Stop use and ask a doctor ifChest pain, rapid heart beat, faintness, or dissiness occursSudden, unexplained weight gain occursYour hands or feet swellScalp irritation or redness occursYou get unwanted facial hair growthYou do not see hair regrowth in 4 months
- Apply one mL with sprayer 2 times a day directly onto the scalp in the hair loss areausing more or more often will not improve resultscontinued use is necessary to increase and keep your hair regrowth, or hair loss will begin again
- See hair loss pictures on the side of this cartonBefore use, read all information on carton and enclosed leafletKeep the carton. It contains important informationHair regrowth has not been shown to last longer than 48 weeks in large clinical trialse with continuous treatment with 5% minoxidil topical solution for men. In clincial studies of mostly white men aged 18-49 years with moderate degrees of hair loss, 5% minoxidil topical solution for men provide more hair regrowth than 2% minoxidil topical solutionStore at controlled room temperature 20
- O to 25
- OC (68
- O to 77
Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
May be harmful if used when pregnant or breast-feeding.
Otc - Questions
- Questions or comments?877-907-4047Visit Website www.shapiromd.com
* Please review the disclaimer below.