The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
(in each 5 mL = 1 teaspoon)Ibuprofen, USP 100 mg (NSAID)****nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- Temporarily:relieves minor aches and pains due to the common cold, flu, sore throat, headache and toothachereduces fever
- Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:hivesshockasthma (wheezing)rashskin reddeningblistersfacial swellingIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if your child:has had stomach ulcers or bleeding problemstakes a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drugtakes other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)takes more or for a longer time than directedSore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult doctor promptly. Do not use more than 2 days or administer to children under 3 years of age unless directed by doctor.
Do Not Use
- If the child has ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducerright before or after heart surgery
Ask Doctor Before Use If
- Stomach bleeding warning applies to your childchild has a history of stomach problems, such as heartburnchild has problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducerschild has not been drinking fluidschild has lost a lot of fluid due to vomiting or diarrheachild has high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney diseasechild has asthmachild is taking a diuretic
Ask Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If The Child Is
- Under a doctor's care for any serious conditiontaking any other drug
When Using This Product
- Take with food or milk if stomach upset occursthe risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Child experiences any of the following signs of stomach bleedingfeels faintvomits bloodhas bloody or black stoolshas stomach pain that does not get betterthe child does not get any relief within the first day (24 hours) of treatmentfever or pain gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is present in the painful areaany new symptoms appear
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- This product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult usedo not give more than directedshake well before usingfind right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.use only enclosed measuring cupif needed, repeat dose every 6-8 hoursdo not use more than 4 times a dayreplace original bottle cap to maintain child resistance Dosing ChartWeight (lb)Age (yr)Dose (tsp or mL)under 2 yearsask a doctor24 – 35 lbs2 – 3 years1 tsp or 5 mL36 – 47 lbs4 – 5 years1½ tsp or 7.5 mL48 – 59 lbs6 – 8 years2 tsp or 10 mL60 – 71 lbs9 – 10 years2½ tsp or 12.5 mL72 – 95 lbs11 years3 tsp or 15 mLOther informationeach teaspoon contains: sodium 2 mgdo not use if printed neckband is broken or missingstore between 20 - 25°C (68 - 77°F)see bottom panel for lot number and expiration date
Berry flavor: citric acid, D&C yellow #10, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, hypromellose, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gumDye free berry flavor: citric acid, flavors, glycerin, hypromellose, polysorbate-80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gumBubble gum flavor: artificial bubble gum flavor, citric acid, FD&C red #40, glycerin, hypromellose, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum.
1-800-432-8534 between 9 am and 4 pm EST, Monday – Friday.
* Please review the disclaimer below.