The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Distributed by: Pfizer, Madison, NJ 07940 USA
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each extended-release tablet)PurposesDextromethorphan HBr 60 mgCough suppressantGuaifenesin 1200 mgExpectorant
Indications & Usage
- Useshelps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productivetemporarily relieves:cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritantsthe intensity of coughingthe impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do Not Use
- For children under 12 years of ageif you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysemacough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
When Using This Product
- Do not use more than directed
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
Dosage & Administration
- Directionsdo not crush, chew, or break tablettake with a full glass of waterthis product can be administered without regard for timing of mealsadults and children 12 years and older: 1 tablet every 12 hours; not more than 2 tablets in 24 hourschildren under 12 years of age: do not use
Storage And Handling
- Other informationeach tablet contains: magnesium 25 mgstore between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Inactive ingredientscarbomer homopolymer type B, copovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium hydroxide, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide
Otc - Questions
Questions?call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-762-4675
* Please review the disclaimer below.