FDA filings in the form of structured product labels are documents that include all published material associated whith this product. Product label information includes data like indications and usage generic names, contraindications, active ingredients, strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Label Table of Contents
Active Ingredient (In Each 5 Ml)
Dextromethorphan polistirex equivalent to 30 mg
- •cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- •the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do Not Use
if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Allergy Alert: Contains sodium metabisulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •chronic cough that lasts as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- •cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •side effects occur. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
- •cough lasts more than 7 days, cough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- •shake bottle well before use
- •measure only with dosing cup provided
- •do not use dosing cup with other products
- •dose as follows or as directed by doctor
- •mL = milliliter
adults and children 12 years of age and over
10 mL every 12 hours, not to exceed 20 mL in 24 hours
children 6 to under 12 years of age
5 mL every 12 hours, not to exceed 10 mL in 24 hours
children 4 to under 6 years of age
2.5 mL every 12 hours, not to exceed 5 mL in 24 hours
children under 4 years of age
do not use
- •each 5 mL contains: sodium 5 mg
- •store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- •dosing cup provided
D&C Red #30 aluminum lake, D&C Yellow #10 aluminum lake, flavor, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, methylparaben, polysorbate 80, polyvinyl acetate, povidone, propylparaben, purified water, sodium metabisulfite, sodium polystyrene sulfonate, sucrose, tartaric acid, tragacanth gum, triacetin, xanthan gum
Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Day or Night
Compare to Delsym®
Dextromethorphan Polistirex Extended-Release Oral Suspension
12 Hour Cough Relief
Contains sodium metabisulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions
Dosing Cup Included
5 FL OZ (148 mL)
* Please review the disclaimer below.