The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Caplet) (Daytime Cold & Flu)
Acetaminophen 325 mgDextromethorphan HBr 10 mgGuaifenesin 200 mgPhenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducerCough suppressantExpectorantNasal decongestant
Pain reliever/fever reducerAntihistamine/cough suppressantNasal decongestant
Active Ingredients (In Each Caplet) (Nighttime Cold & Flu)
Acetaminophen 325 mgDiphenhydramine HCl 12.5 mgPhenylephrine HCl 5 mg
- Temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:headacheminor aches and painsnasal congestioncoughsore throatsinus congestion and pressurerunny nose and sneezing (Nighttime only)itching of the nose or throat (Nighttime only)itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever (Nighttime only)helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive (Daytime only)controls cough to help you get to sleeptemporarily reduces fever
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you takemore than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hourswith other drugs containing acetaminophen3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this productAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:blistersrashskin reddeningIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredientswith any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin (Nighttime only)
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Heart diseasethyroid diseasediabetesliver diseasehigh blood pressuredifficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate glandpersistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysemacough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis (Nighttime only)glaucoma (Nighttime only)
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarintaking sedatives or tranquilizers (Nighttime only)
When Using This Product
- Do not exceed recommended dosageexcitability may occur, especially in children (Nighttime only)marked drowsiness may occur (Nighttime only)avoid alcoholic beverages (Nighttime only)alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness (Nighttime only)use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery (Nighttime only)
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurpain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 daysfever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is presentnew symptoms occurcough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.Read each section carefully. Do not take DAYTIME and NIGHTTIME products at the same time.
- Do not take more than directeddo not take more than 12 caplets in any 24-hour periodadults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets every 4 hourschildren under 12 years: do not use
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKENstore at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)use by expiration date on package
Inactive Ingredients (Daytime Only)
Corn starch, crospovidone, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Inactive Ingredients (Nighttime Only)
Corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, iron oxide yellow, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid and ethyl acrylate copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium bicarbonate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.