The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active ingredients (in each tablet)
Dextromethorphan HBr 17.5 mg
Guaifenesin 400 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
- Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold, hay fever (allergic rhinitis) or other upper respiratory allergies:cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritationhelps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productivenasal congestionreduces swelling of nasal passages
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
Do Not Use This Product
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- A cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysemaa cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)heart diseasehigh blood pressurethyroid diseasediabetestrouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurcough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.new symptoms occur
Do not exceed recommended dosage.Adults and children 12
years of age and over:
1 tablet every 4 hours,
not to exceed 6 tablets
in 24 hours
Children 6 to under 12
years of age:
1/2 tablet every 4 hours,
not to exceed 3 tablets
in 24 hours
Children under 6 years
Consult a physician.
Store at 15°- 30° C (59°- 86° F).Supplied in a tight, light-resistant container with a child-resistant cap.Deconex DMX Tablets are orange, oblong, capsule-shaped, scored tablets, debossed "POLY" bisect "730" on one side and blank on the other side.
Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Croscarmellose Sodium, D&C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow #6 Aluminum Lake, Hypromellose, Maltodextrin, Povidone, Silicified Microcrystalline Cellulose, and Stearic Acid.
The packaging below represents the labeling currently used.Principal display panel and side panel for 100 tablets label:NDC 50991-740-01
COUGH SUPPRESSANT · EXPECTORANT
Each tablet contains:
Dextromethorphan HBr........................17.5 mg
Phenylephrine HCl..............................10 mg
Tamper evident by foil seal under cap.
Do not use if foil seal is broken or missing.
100 tabletsRev. 06-19
* Please review the disclaimer below.