The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Active Ingredient
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% solution
Otc - Purpose
- Helps reduce bacteria that can potentially cause skin infectionfor preparation of skin prior to surgery
For external use only
Otc - Do Not Use
- On patients allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this productfor lumbar punctures or in contact with the meningeson open skin woundsas a general skin cleanser
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - When Using
- Keep out of eyes, ears and mouth. May cause serious or permanent injury if chlorhexidine is permitted to enter and remain. If contact occurs, rinse with cold water right away and contact a doctor.
- This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:wheezing/difficulty breathingshockfacial swellinghivesrashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Posion Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.do not microwaveproduct and packaging are not sterile. Follow your hospital policy for skin preparation with non-sterile products.to open package: identify the tear notch labeled on the front of the package. Grasp with both hands on both sides of the tear notch and tear to expose cloth.transfer contents onto prep table, avoiding contact between cloth and outside of package to reduce risk of cloth contaminationuse first cloth to prepare the skin area indicated for a moist or dry site, making certain to keep the second cloth where it will not be contaminated. Use seconfdcloth to prepare larger areas.dry surgical sites: (such as abdomen or arm): use one cloth to cleanse each 161 cm
- 2 area (approximately) 5 x 5 inches) of skin to be prepared. Vigorously scrub skin back and forth for 3 minutes, completely wetting treatment area, then discaard. Allow area to dry for one (1) minute. Do not rinse.
- Moist surgical sites (such as inguinal fold): use one cloth to cleanse each 65 cm
- 2 area (approximately 2 x 5 inches) of skin to be prepared. Vigorously scrub skin back and forth for 3 minutes, competely wetting treatment area, then discard. Allow area to dry for one (1) minute. Do not rinse.
- Discard each cloth after a single useafter package has been opened, discard any unused cloths
- Store product flatstore between 20-25 degrees Celsius (68-77 degrees Fahrenheit)avoid excessive heat above 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Benzalkonium chloridedimethicone emulsionglycerinisopropyl alcoholpropylene glycolpurified water USP
DO NOT FLUSHNon-Sterile.Product is not made with Natural Rubber Latex.Cloth: 100% PolyesterREF MSC095CHGwww.medline.com©2017 Medline Industries, Inc.Medline is a registered trademark of Medline Industries, Inc.Manufactured byMedline Industries, Inc.,Northfield, IL 60093 USA.Made in USA with domestic and foreign materials.Questions, comments, or ordering call: 1-800-MEDLINECustomer Service Hours:(Monday to Friday, 7 AM to 7 PM CST)RI17MSC
READYPREPTM CHGCHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 2%PATIENT PREOPERATIVE SKIN PREPARATION CLOTH
NON-STERILEEQUIVALENT TO 500MG CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE PER CLOTHProvides rapid bactericidal action against a broad spectrum of microorganisms
Significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on intact skin
Demonstrates continued antimicrobial activity for up to 6 hours after application
FRAGRANCE FREERINSE FREESINGLE USE ONLY.FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.DO NOT MICROWAVE2 9 X 10.5 IN (22.9 X 26.7 CM) DISPOSABLE CLOTHSREF MSC095CHG
* Please review the disclaimer below.