The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Capsule)
Acetaminophen 325 mgDextromethorphan HBr 10 mgPhenylephrine HCl 5 mg
- Pain reliever/ fever reducerCough suppressantNasal decongestant
- Temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:cough due to minor throat & bronchial irritationnasal congestionsore throatheadacheminor aches/painsfever
Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage.Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than two days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- With other medicines containing acetaminophenif you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Heart diseasethyroid diseasediabeteshigh blood pressuretrouble urinating due to enlarged prostate glandcough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- You get nervous, dizzy or sleeplesssymptoms get worse or last more than 5 days (children) or 7 days (adults)fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is presentnew symptoms occurcough comes back, or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.These could be signs of a serious condition.
- Take only as recommended - see OVERDOSE warningdo not exceed 6 doses per 24 hoursAdults and children 12 years of age and older2 LiquiCaps with water every 4 hoursChildren under 12 years of ageask doctorWhen using other DayQuil or NyQuil products, carefully read each label to insure correct dosing
- Store at room temperature 59°-86°F (15°-30°C)
Polyethylene glycol 400, propylene glycol, povidone k30, fd&c red no. 40, fd&c yellow no. 6, titanium dioxide, gelatin, glycerin, sorbitol, water
* Please review the disclaimer below.