The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
Piperonyl butoxide 4% Pyrethrum extract (equivalent to 0.33% pyrethrins)
Treats head, pubic (crab), and body lice
For external use only
Do Not Use
- Near eyes
- Inside nose, mouth, or vagina
- On lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See a doctor if lice are present in these areas.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Are
- Allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic attack.
When Using This Product
- Keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel
- If product gets into eyes, flush with water right away
- Scalp itching or redness may occur
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Breathing difficulty occurs
- Eye irritation occurs
- Skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Important: Read warnings before useAdults and children 2 years and over:Inspectcheck each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
- Look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears
- Examine small sections of hair at a time
- Unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
- If either lice or nits are found, treat with this productTreatapply thoroughly to DRY HAIR or other affected area. For head lice, first apply behind ears and to back of neck.
- Allow product to remain for 10 minutes, but no longer
- Use warm water to form a lather, shampoo, then thoroughly rinse
- For head lice, towel dry hair and comb out tanglesRemove lice and their eggs (nits)use a fine-tooth or special lice/nit comb. Remove any remaining nits by hand (using a throw-away glove).
- Hair should remain slightly damp while removing nits
- If hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with water
- For head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of the head. Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours.
- Lift a 1-to 2-inch wide strand of hair. Place comb as close to scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from scalp.
- Pin back each strand of hair after combing
- Clean comb often. Wipe nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag. Seal bag and discard to prevent lice from coming back.
- After combing, thoroughly recheck for lice/nits. Repeat combing if necessary.
- Check daily for any lice/nits that you missed
- A second treatment must be done in 7 to 10 days to kill any newly hatched lice
- If infestation continues, see a doctor for other treatments
- Children under 2 years: ask a doctor
- Do not freezestore at controlled room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)to report serious side effects due to the use of this product call 515-276-1586see package insert for additional information
Ammonium laureth sulfate, fragrance, PEG-25 hydrogenated castor oil, polyquaternium-10, purified water, SD-40 alcohol
* Please review the disclaimer below.