The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Teaspoon)
Psyllium husk approximately 3.4 g
Fiber therapy for regularity
- •for relief of occasional constipation (irregularity)
Allergy alert: This product may cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium.Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting •a sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •Constipation lasts more than 7 days •Rectal bleeding occursThese may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away at 1-800-222-1222.
Put one dose into an empty glass. Mix this product (child or adult dose) with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning. Stir briskly and drink promptly. If mixture thickness, add more liquid and stir.Adults 12 years & older:1 rounded TEASPOON in 8 oz of liquid at the signs of irregularity. Can be taken up to 3 times daily. Generally produces effect in 12-72 hours.6-11 yrs:½ adult dose in 8 oz of liquid, up to 3 times dailyUnder 6 yrs:Consult a doctorBulk-forming fibers like psyllium husk may affect how well other medicines work. If t=you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine. As your body adjusts to increased fiber intake, you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating.New Users: Start with 1 dose per day; gradually increase to 3 doses per day as necessary
- •each teaspoon contains: potassium 30 mg and sodium 5 mg •PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE, 25 mg per teaspoon •Store at room temperature tightly closed to protect from humidity •Do not use if printed inner seal is broken or missing •Contains a 100% natural, therapeutic fiber
Aspartame, citric acid, FD&C yellow 6, maltodextrin, natural and artificial orange flavor, silica.
Fiber Supplement Information
- Uses: •Daily fiber supplement. Each serving adds 3 grams of fiber to your diet. •For lowering cholesterol to promote heart health. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium husk, as in this product, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol. One adults dose of this products has 2.4 grams of this soluble fiber. Consult a doctor if you are considering use of this product as a part of a cholesterol lowering program.Warnings Read entire label, including warnings in Drug Facts.Directions Adults 12 years and older: put 1 rounded TEASPOON in to an empty glass and mix with 8 oz of liquid up to 3 times daily for daily fiber supplement; 3 times daily to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels† and for cholesterol lowering to promote heart health.under 12 years: Consult a doctor.See mixing directions in Drug Facts.NOTICE: Mix this product with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of liquid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. Do not take if you have difficulty swallowing. See choking warning.This product has a low glycemic index, a measure of the effect of dietary carbohydrates on blood sugar levels†.
* Please review the disclaimer below.