The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Softgels)
Acetaminophen 325 mgDextromethorphan HBr 10 mgGuaifenesin 200 mgPhenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer Antihistamine/Cough suppressantExpectorantNasal decongestant
- Temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms: headachenasal congestionsore throatcoughminor ache and paintemporarily reduces feverhelps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take: more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hourswith other drugs containing acetaminophen 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this productAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:skin reddeningblistersrashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Liver diseasediabeteshigh blood pressureheart diseasethyroid diseasetrouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glandpersistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking asthma , chronic bronchitis, or emphysemacough that occurs with too much phlegm(mucus)
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
Are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When Using This Product
- Do not use more than directed
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurpain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse, or lasts more than 7 daysfever gets worse, or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is presentnew symptoms occurcough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition,
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)do not take more than 12 softgels in any 24-hour periodadults and children 12 years and older: take 2 softgels every 4 hourschildren under 12 years of age: do not use
- Store between 15-30ºC (59-86º)avoid excessive heatswallow whole; do not crush, chew, or dissolve
FD&C red 40, FD&C yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol*, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitan, sorbitol, titanium dioxide*may contain this ingredient
CVS HEALTH Maximum Strength Severe Cold
* Please review the disclaimer below.