The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each 20 Ml)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 20 mgGuaifenesin, USP 400 mg
Indications & Usage
- Uses▪temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold▪helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
Otc - Do Not Use
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- ▪cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)▪cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema.
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Dosage & Administration
- Directions▪do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period▪measure only with dosing cup provided▪keep dosing cup with product▪ml = milliliteragedosechildren under 4 yearsdo not usechildren 4 to under 6 years5 ml every 4 hourschildren 6 to under 12 years10 ml every 4 hoursadults and children 12 years and over20 ml every 4 hours
Storage And Handling
- Other information▪each 20 ml contains: potassium 5 mg,sodium 20 mg▪store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Do not refrigerate.
Inactive ingredientsanhydrous citric acid, black elderberry juice concentrate (for flavor), carboxymethylcellulose sodium, glycerin, liquid glucose, maltodextrin, natural and artificial flavors, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium gluconate, sucralose, xanthan gum, zinc gluconate
Otc - Questions
Questions or comments?call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-245-1040
Distributed by: GSK Consumer Healthcare, Warren, NJ 07059For most recent product information, visit www.robitussin.comTrademarks owned or licensed by [email protected] GSK or licensorShould be 18 or older to purchasePARENTS:Learn about teen medicine abusewww.StopMedicineAbuse.orgPackaged with Tamper-Evident bottle cap.Do Not Use if breakable ring is separated or missing.
* Please review the disclaimer below.