FDA filings in the form of structured product labels are documents that include all published material associated whith this product. Product label information includes data like indications and usage generic names, contraindications, active ingredients, strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each 20 Ml)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 20 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 400 mg
Indications & Usage
- ▪temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- ▪helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
Otc - Do Not Use
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- ▪cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- ▪cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema.
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Dosage & Administration
- ▪do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- ▪measure only with dosing cup provided
- ▪keep dosing cup with product
- ▪ml = milliliter
|children under 4 years||do not use|
children 4 to under 6 years
5 ml every 4 hours
children 6 to under 12 years
10 ml every 4 hours
adults and children
12 years and over
20 ml every 4 hours
Storage And Handling
- ▪each 20 ml contains: potassium 5 mg,sodium 20 mg
- ▪store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Do not refrigerate.
anhydrous citric acid, black elderberry juice concentrate (for flavor), carboxymethylcellulose sodium, glycerin, liquid glucose, maltodextrin, natural and artificial flavors, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium gluconate, sucralose, xanthan gum, zinc gluconate
Otc - Questions
Questions or comments?
call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-245-1040
Distributed by: GSK Consumer Healthcare, Warren, NJ 07059
For most recent product information, visit www.robitussin.com
Trademarks owned or licensed by GSK
@2021 GSK or licensor
Should be 18 or older to purchase
Learn about teen medicine abuse
Packaged with Tamper-Evident bottle cap.
Do Not Use if breakable ring is separated or missing.
Principal Display Panel
Cough & Chest
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr (Cough Suppressant)
* Please review the disclaimer below.