The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each 5 Ml Teaspoon)
Chlorpheniramine maleate, USP 1.0 mgDextromethorphan HBr, USP 7.5 mg
- Temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a coldtemporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:runny nosesneezingitchy, watery eyesitching of the nose or throat
Do Not Use
- To sedate a child or to make a child sleepyif you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glandglaucomaa cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
Taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When Using This Product
- Do not use more than directedmarked drowsiness may occuravoid alcoholic drinksalcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsinessbe careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machineryexcitability may occur, especially in children
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour periodagedose12 years and over4 tsp every 6 hours6 to under 12 years2 tsp every 6 hoursunder 6 yearsdo not use
- Each teaspoon contains: sodium 3 mgstore at 20-25°C (68-77°F)dosage cup provided
Anhydrous citric acid, artificial flavor, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
- The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.SEE NEW DOSING INFORMATIONChildren’s Dimetapp Long Acting Cough Plus ColdCHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (Antihistamine)DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr (Cough Suppressant)Up to 8 hours of cough controlRelieves Nasal SymptomsRunny NoseSneezingPlus Other SymptomsItchy, Watery EyesCoughFor Ages 6 Yrs. & Over4 FL OZ (118mL) alcohol free • grape flavorFor most recent product information visit www.dimetapp.comWe pledge to you that Dimetapp products contain only high quality ingredients and meet strict standards of quality and safety. You can trust Dimetapp products for your family.Dosage Cup ProvidedPARENTS: Learn about teen medicine abuse www.StopMedicineAbuse.orgWyeth Consumer Healthcare, Madison, NJ 07940 U.S.A. ©2008 WyethPackaged with Tamper-Evident bottle cap. Do Not Use if breakable ring is separated or missing.
* Please review the disclaimer below.