The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each 5 Ml Tsp)
Diphenhydramine HCl, USP 6.25 mgPhenylephrine HCl, USP 2.5 mg
Antihistamine/Cough suppressantNasal decongestant
- Temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold, hay fever, or other upper respiratory allergies:nasal congestioncoughrunny nosesneezingitchy, watery eyesitching of the nose or throat
Do Not Use
- To sedate a child or to make a child sleepyIf you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Heart diseasehigh blood pressurethyroid diseasediabetestrouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glandglaucomacough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulanttaking sedatives or tranquilizers
When Using This Product
- Do not use more than directedmarked drowsiness may occuravoid alcoholic drinksalcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsinessbe careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machineryexcitability may occur, especially in children
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- You get nervous, dizzy, or sleeplesssymptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fevercough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour perioddo not exceed recommended dosageagedoseadults and children 12 years and over 4 tsp every 4 hourschildren 6 to under 12 years 2 tsp every 4 hourschildren under 6 years do not use
- Each teaspoon contains: sodium 4 mgstore at 20 -25°C (68 -77°F)dosage cup provided
Anhydrous citric acid, artificial flavor, FD&C blue no.1, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
- The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.SEE NEW WARNING INFORMATIONChildren’s Dimetapp Nighttime Cold & CongestionDIPHENHYDRAMINE HCl (Antihistamine/Cough Suppressant)PHENYLEPHRINE HCl (Nasal Decongestant)Relieves Nasal SymptomsStuffy NoseRunny NoseSneezingPlus Other SymptomsItchy, Watery EyesCoughFor Ages 6 Yrs. & Over4 FL OZ (118 mL) grape flavorFor most recent product information, visit www.dimetapp.comWe pledge to you that Dimetapp products contain only high quality ingredients and meet strict standards of quality and safety. You can trust Dimetapp products for your family.Dosage Cup ProvidedWyethWyeth Consumer HealthcareMadison, NJ 07940 USA©2009 WyethPackaged with Tamper-Evident bottle cap. Do Not Use if breakable ring is separated or missing.
* Please review the disclaimer below.