The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Active Ingredient
Chlorhexidine gluconate 4% Solution
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- Patient preoperative skin preparation: for the preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery
- Skin wound and general cleansing
- For external use onlyAllergy alert:This product may cause a severe allergic reation. Symptoms may include: wheezing/difficulty breathing shock facial swelling hives rash If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product in contact with meningesin the genital areaas a preoperative skin preparation of the head or face
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums. if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with waterwound which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treatedrepeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a health care provider
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor
If irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.Surgical hand scrub:wet hands and forearms with water.scrub for 3 minutes with about 5 mL of product and a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spacesa separate nail cleaner may be usedrinse throughlywash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 mL of product and rinse under running water dry thoroughlyHealthcare personnel handwash:wet hands with waterdispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 secondsrinse and dry thoroughlyPatient preoperative skin preparation:apply product liberally to surgical site and swab for at least 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towelrepeat procecedure for an additional 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towelSkin wound and general skin cleansing:thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with waterapply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gentlyrinse again thoroughly
- Store at 20-25 C (68-77 F)avoid excessive heat above 40 C (104 F)
Cocamide DEA, fragrance, glucono-delta-lactone, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, PEG-75 lanolin, purified water, tridecyl alcohol
Other Safety Information
Laundering/Cleaning Instructions: Chlorhexidine gluconate skin cleansers will cause stains if used with chlorine releasing products, such as chlorine bleach. Rinse completely and use only non-chlorine detergents.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including cocamide DEA, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more informationm, go to P65Warnings.ca.gov
For Professional and Hospital Use Only You may report serious side effects to 1-877-227-3642Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex Distributed byCardinal Health Waukegan, IL 60085 USARev. D 2019-07 • cardinalhealth.com ©2019 Cardinal Health. All Rights Reserved.CARDINAL HEALTH and the Cardinal Health LOGO are trademarks of Cardinal Health and may be registered in the US and/or in other countries.
NDC: 63517-061-04AS-4CHGL4Cardinal Health Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% Solution Single-Use Antiseptic Non Sterile Solution 4 fl oz (118mL)NDC: 63517-061-08AS-4CHGL8 Cardinal Health Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% Solution Antiseptic 8 fl oz (237 mL)
* Please review the disclaimer below.