The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% Solution
Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
skin wound and general skin cleansing
- For external use onlyAllergy alert:This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:wheezing/difficulty breathingshockfacial swellinghivesrashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
Do Not Use
- If you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this productin contact with meningesin genital area
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with waterwounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treatedrepeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a health care provider
Stop Use And Ask Doctor If
Irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control center right away
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.Surgical hand scrub: wet hands and forearms under running waterscrub for 3 minutes with about 5 mL of product and a wet brush, paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spacesa separate nail cleaner may be usedrinse thoroughly
- Wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 mL of product and rinse under running waterdry thoroughlyHealthcare personnel handwash:wet hands with waterdispense about 5ml of product into cupped hands and wahs in vigorous manner for about 15 secondsrinse and dry thoroughlySkin wound and general skin cleansing:
- Throughly rinse the area to be cleaned with waterapply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gentlyrinse again thoroughly
- Store at 20°-25° C (68°-77° F)avoid excessive heat above 40° C (104° F)
Cocamide DEA, fragrance, glucono-delta-lactone, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, PEG-75 lanolin, purified water, tridecyl alcohol.
Other Safety Information
Warning: This product can expose you to coconut oil diethanolamine condensate (cocamide diethanolamine), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.gov
Laundering/Cleaning Instructions: Chlorhexidine gluconate skin cleansers will cause stains if used with chlorine releasing products. Rinse completely and use non-chlorine detergents.
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Mölnlycke Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark Hibiclens®.
* Please review the disclaimer below.