The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Chlorhexidine gluconate 4% solution
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- Patient preoperative skin preparation: preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery
- Skin wound and general skin cleansing
- Warnings For external use only Allergy alert: This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include: wheezing/difficulty breathing shock facial swelling hives rash If an allergic reaction, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product in contact with meninges in the genital area as a preoperative skin preparation of the head or face
When Using This Product
- Keep out of the eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums. if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with waterwounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a health care provider
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns. Surgical hand scrubwet hands and forearms with water scrub for 3 minutes with about 5 mL of product and a wet brush, paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spacesa seperate nail cleaner may be used rinse thoroughly wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 mL of product and rinse under running water dry thoroughly Healthcare personnel handwashwet hands with water dispense about 5 mL of priduct into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds rinse and dry thoroughly Patient preoperative skin preparation apply product liberally to surgical site and swab for at least 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towel repeat procedure for an additional 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towel Skin wound and general skin cleansing thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with water apply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently rinse again thoroughly
Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F) avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
Cocamide DEA, fragrance, glucono-delta-lactone, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, PEG-75 lanolin, purified water, tridecyl alcohol
Other Safety Information
WARNING: Cancer - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
* Please review the disclaimer below.