The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% solution
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- Skin wound and general skin cleansing
- For external use onlyAllergy alert:This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:wheezing/difficulty breathingshockfacial swellinghivesrashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this productin contact with meningesin the genital area
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear throuogh perforated eardrums.if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with waterwounds which involve more than the superficial layers of skin should not be routinely treatedrepeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a health care provider
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.Surgical hand scrub:wet hands and forearms under running water for 30 seconds. Clean fingernails using a nailstick or similar cleaner.scrub for 1.5 minutes with about 8 mL of product with or without a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and skin between the fingersrinse thoroughly under running water for 30 secondswash for an additional 1.5 minutes with 8 mL of product and rinse under running water for 30 secondsdry throughlyHealthcare personnel handwash:wet hands with waterdispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 secondsrinse and dry thoroughlySkin wound and general skin cleansing:thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with waterapply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gentlyrinse again thoroughly
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
Citric acid, cocamide DEA, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, purified water
Other Safety Information
Laudering/Cleaning Instructions: Chlorhexidine gluconate skin cleansers will cause stains if used with chlorine releasing products, such as chlorine bleach. Rinse completely and use only non-chlorine detertgents.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical (cocamide DEA) known to the State of California to cause cancer.
For Professional and Hospital UseYou may report serious side effects to 1-877-227-3462
NDC- 63517-113-04AS-2CHGL4Cardinal HealthCHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 2% SOLUTIONSingle Use AntisepticNon SterileDo not use if package opened or damagedDistributed by:
Cardinal HealthWaukegan, IL 60085 USA4 fl oz (118 mL)2CHA04BTLLBLBNDC- 63517-113-08AS-2CHGL8Cardinal HealthCHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 2% SOLUTIONAntisepticNon SterileDo not use if package opened or damagedDistributed by: Cardinal HealthWaukegan, IL 60085 USA8 fl oz (237 mL)2CHA08BTLLBLBNDC- 63517-113-16AS-2CHGL16Cardinal HealthCHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 2% SOLUTIONAntisepticNon SterileDo not use if package opened or damagedDistributed by: Cardinal HealthWaukegan, IL 60085 USA16 fl oz (473 mL)2CHA16BTLBLBNDC- 63517-113-32AS-2CHGL32Cardinal HealthCHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 2% SOLUTIONAntisepticNon SterileDo not use if package opened or damagedDistributed by: Cardinal HealthWaukegan, IL 60085 USA32 fl oz (1 qt) (946 mL)2CHA32BTLLBLB
* Please review the disclaimer below.