The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Chlorhexidine gluconate 4% Solution
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- Skin wound and general skin cleansing
- For external use onlyAllergy alert: This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:wheezing/difficulty breathing shock facial swelling hivesrashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product in contact with meningesin the genital area
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums. if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with waterwounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treatedrepeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a health care provider.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.Surgical hand scrub:wet hands and forearms under running waterscrub for 3 minutes with about 5 mL of product and a wet brush, paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spacesa separate nail cleaner may be usedrinse thoroughlywash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 mL of product and rinse under running waterdry thoroughlyHealthcare personnel handwash:wet hands with waterdispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for about 15 secondsrinse and dry thoroughlySkin wound and general skin cleansing:throughly rinse the area to be cleaned with waterapply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gentlyrinse again thoroughly
- Store at 20-25ºC (68-77ºF)avoid excessive heat above 40ºC (104ºF)
Cocamide DEA, fragrance, glucono-delta-lactone, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, PEG-75 lanolin, purified water, tridecyl alcohol.
Other Safety Information
Warning: This product can expose you to coconut oil diethanolamine condensate (cocamide diethanolamine), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information fo to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Laundering/Cleaning Instructions: Chlorhexidine gluconate skin cleansers will cause stains if used with chlorine releasing products. Rinse completely and use only non-chlorine detergents.
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Mölnlycke Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark Hibiclens®.
Recent Major Changes
Indications and UsageDosage and Administration
LEADER NDC 70000-0407-1Antiseptic Skin Cleanser Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% Solution Antiseptic / Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser For External Use Only COMPARE TO HIBICLENS
® active ingredient*
100% Money Back Guarantee8 fl oz (237 mL)
* Please review the disclaimer below.