The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% solution
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- Patient preoperative skin preparation: preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery (4-oz only)
- Skin wound and general skin cleansing
For external use onlyAllergy alert:This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include: wheezing/difficulty breathing
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this productin contact with meningesin the genital areaas a preoperative skin preparation of the head or face (4-oz only)
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums. (4-oz only)keep out of eyes, ears and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with waterwounds that involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treatedrepeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a health care provider
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.Surgical hand scrub:wet hands and forearms under running water for 30 seconds. Clean fingernails using a nailstick or similar cleaner.scrub for 1.5 minutes with about 8 mL of product with or without a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and skin between the fingersrinse thoroughly under running water for 30 secondswash for an additional 1.5 minutes with 8 mL of product and rinse under running water for 30 secondsdry thoroughlyHealthcare personnel handwash:
- Wet hands with water
- Dispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds
- Rinse and dry thoroughlyPatient preoperative skin preparation: (only on 4-oz)
- Apply product liberally to surgical site and swab for at least 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towelrepeat procedure for an additional 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towelSkin wound and general skin cleaning:thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with waterapply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gentlyrinse again thoroughly
- Store at 20-25° C (68-77° F)
- Avoid excessive heat above 40° C (104° F)
Citric add. cocamide DEA, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, purified water
* Please review the disclaimer below.