The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% solution
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- For external use onlyAllergy alert:This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:wheezing/difficulty breathingshockfacial swellinghives rashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with waterdo not use rooutinely if you have wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.Surgical hand scrub:wet hands and forearms under running water for 30 seconds. Clean fingernails using a nailstick or similar cleaner.scrub for 1.5 minutes with about 8 mL of product with or without a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and skin between the fingersrinse thoroughly under running water for 30 secondswash for an additional 1.5 minutes with 8 mL of product and rinse under running water for 30 secondsdry thoroughlyHealthcare personnel handwash:wet hands with waterdispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for about 15 secondsrinse and dry thoroughly
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
Citric acid, cocamide DEA, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, purified water
Other Safety Information
Laundering/Cleaning Instructions: Chlorhexidine gluconate skin cleansers will cause stains if used with chlorine releasing products. Rinse completely and use only non-chlorine detergents.
Warning: This product contains a chemical (cocamide DEA) known to the State of California to cause cancer.
- CVS HealthNDC 59779-722-02Advanced Antibacterial Hand WashChlorhexidine Gluconate 2% SolutionFDA approved formulaTriclosan freeAntiseptic/Antimicrobial skin cleanserUsed by healthcare professionalsClinically proven to reduce bacteria on skin2 FL OZ (60 mL)CVS HealthNDC 59779-722-75Advanced Antibacterial Hand WashChlorhexidine Gluconate 2% SolutionFDA approved formulaTriclosan freeAntiseptic/Antimicrobial skin cleanserUsed by healthcare professionals
- Clinically proven to reduce bacteria on skin
- 8.5 FL OZ (250 mL)
* Please review the disclaimer below.