The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% solution
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- For external use onlyAllergy alert:This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:wheezing/difficulty breathingshockfacial swellinghivesrashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with waterdo not use routinely if you have wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.Surgical hand scrub:wet hands and forearms under running water for 30 seconds. Clean fingernails using a nailstick or similar cleaner.scrub for 1.5 minutes with about 8 mL of product with or without a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and skin between the fingersrinse thoroughly under running water for 30 secondswash for an additional 1.5 minutes with 8 mL of product and rinse under running water for 30 secondsdry thoroughlyHealthcare personnel handwash:wet hands with waterdispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for about 15 secondsrinse and dry thoroughly
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
Citric acid, cocamide DEA, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, purified water
Other Safety Information
Laundering/Cleaning Instructions: Chlorhexidine gluconate skin cleansers will cause stains if used with chlorine releasing products. Rinse completely and use only non-chlorine detergents.
Warning: This product can expose you too coconut oil diethanolamine condensate (cocamide diethanolamine), whichs is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
NDC 63868-280-02Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2% SolutionAntisepticDistributed by:C,D,M,A,Inc.Novi, MI 48376 USAqualitychoice.com2QC02BTLLBLBQuality Choice ®
Net Wt 2 fl oz (60 mL)
Package Label... [ Package Label. Secondary Display Pannel]
NDC 63868-280-08Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2% SolutionAntisepticDistributed by:C,D,M,A,Inc.Novi, MI 48376 USAqualitychoice.com2QC85BTLLBLBB2QC285BTLLBFBQuality Choice ®Net Wt 8.5 fl oz (273 mL)
* Please review the disclaimer below.