The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% Solution
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- Skin wound and general cleansing
For external use only
Do Not Use
- If you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredientsin contact with meningesin the genital areaas a preoperative skin preparation of the head or face
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrumsif solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with waterwounds which involve more than the superficial layers of skin should not be routinely treatedrepeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when the underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of the skin
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious conditions.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.Surgical hand scrub:wet hands and forearms under running water for 30 seconds. Clean fingernails using a nailstick or similar cleaner.scrub for 1.5 minutes with about 8 ml of product with or without a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and skin between the fingersHealthcare personnel handwash:wet hands with waterdispense about 5 ml of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for about 15 secondsrinse and dry thoroughlySkin wound and general skin cleansing:thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with waterapply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gentlyrinse again thoroughly
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
Citric acid, cocamide DEA, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, purified water
Cat. 29900-232 NDC 0116-2992-32
Exidine -2 CHG 2%
Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2% Solution
Contains: 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate
For External Use Only
Vernon Hills, IL 60061 USA
Net Contents: 32 fl oz (1 qt) (946 ml)
* Please review the disclaimer below.