The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Caplet)
Loperamide HCl 2 mg
Controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers’ Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HClHeart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death
Do Not Use
If you have bloody or black stool
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •fever •mucus in the stool •a history of liver disease
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
When Using This Product
Tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •symptoms get worse •diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days •you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- •drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea •find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.adults and children 12 years and over2 caplets after the first loose stool; 1 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 caplets in 24 hourschildren 9-11 years (60-95 lbs)1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 3 caplets in 24 hourschildren 6-8 years (48-59 lbs)1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 2 caplets in 24 hourschildren 2-5 years (34 to 47 lbs)ask a doctorchildren under 2 years(up to 33 lbs)do not use
- •store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F) •see end panel for lot number and expiration date
Anhydrous lactose, carnauba wax, D&C yellow no. 10 aluminum lake, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch
* Please review the disclaimer below.