The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each 5 Ml)
Acetaminophen 160 mgChlorpheniramine maleate 1 mgDextromethorphan HBr 5 mgPhenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducerAntihistamineCough suppressantNasal decongestant
- Temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- Minor aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Sneezing and runny nose
- Headachenasal congestion stuffy nosetemporarily reduces fever
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:more than 5 doses (10 mL) in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amountwith other drugs containing acetaminophenAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:skin reddeningblistersrashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- To make a child sleepy
- In a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask A Doctor Before Use If The Child Has
- Liver diseaseglaucomathyroid disease diabetesheart diseasehigh blood pressurea breathing problem such as chronic bronchitiscough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If Your Child Is Taking
- Sedatives or tranquilizersthe blood thinning drug warfarin
When Using This Product
- Do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning) excitability may occur, especially in children
- Marked drowsiness may occur
- Sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- New symptoms occur
- Redness or swelling is present
- Pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- Fever gets worse or last more than 3 days
- Nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adult as well as children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- This product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult usemL=millilitershake well before usingdo not give more than 5 doses in any 24-hours peroidmeasure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing devicekeep dosing cup with productif needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms lastfind the right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose, otherwise, use age.Weight (lb)Age (yr)Dose (mL) 48-956-1110 mL 36-47 4-5 do not use unless directed by a doctorunder 36under 4do not use
- Store between 20-25ºC (68-77ºF).Do not refrigerate
Anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, D&C red #33, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucrose, xanthan gum
Febrix Kids PLUS
* Please review the disclaimer below.