The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Dist. by: RB Health (US)Parsippany,NJ 07054-0224Made in Thailand
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each lozenge)PurposesDextromethorphan HBr 5.0 mgCough suppressantHexylresorcinol 2.0 mgOral pain reliever
- Temporarily relievescough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common coldoccasional irritation and pain due to a sore mouth or sore throatpain associated with canker sores
Sore Throat Warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, swelling, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.in children under 6 years of age
Otc - When Using
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysemacough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor Or Dentist If
- Sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 daysirritation, pain, or redness persists or worsensswelling developscough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Dose as follows or as directed by a doctor or dentistadults and children 12 years of age and oldertake 2 lozenges (one immediately after the other) and allow each lozenge to dissolve slowly in the mouth; may be repeated every 4 hours as needed, not to exceed 12 lozenges in any 24-hour periodchildren 6 to under 12 years of agetake 1 lozenge and allow product to dissolve slowly in the mouth; may be repeated every 4 hours as needed, not to exceed 6 lozenges in any 24-hour periodchildren under 6 years of agedo not use
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)protect contents from humidity
Corn syrup, D&C yellow no. 10, ethyl lactate, FD&C blue no. 1, flavor, propylene glycol, sucrose, water
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639) You may also report side effects to this phone number.
* Please review the disclaimer below.