NDC 70000-0492 Allergy Relief Childrens Allergy
Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Liquid Oral
What is NDC 70000-0492?
The NDC code 70000-0492 is assigned by the FDA to the product Allergy Relief Childrens Allergy which is a human over the counter drug product labeled by Cardinal Health (leader) 70000. The generic name of Allergy Relief Childrens Allergy is diphenhydramine hydrochloride. The product's dosage form is liquid and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in a single package with assigned NDC code 70000-0492-1 1 bottle, plastic in 1 box / 118 ml in 1 bottle, plastic. This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information, RxNorm crosswalk and the complete product label.
What are the uses for Allergy Relief Childrens Allergy?
Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of allergy, hay fever, and the common cold. These symptoms include rash, itching, watery eyes, itchy eyes/nose/throat, cough, runny nose, and sneezing. It is also used to prevent and treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness caused by motion sickness. Diphenhydramine can also be used to help you relax and fall asleep. This medication works by blocking a certain natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction. Its drying effects on such symptoms as watery eyes and runny nose are caused by blocking another natural substance made by your body (acetylcholine). Cough-and-cold products have not been shown to be safe or effective in children younger than 6 years. Therefore, do not use this product to treat cold symptoms in children younger than 6 years unless specifically directed by the doctor. Some products (such as long-acting tablets/capsules) are not recommended for use in children younger than 12 years. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details about using your product safely. These products do not cure or shorten the length of the common cold and may cause serious side effects. To decrease the risk for serious side effects, carefully follow all dosage directions. Do not use this product to make a child sleepy. Do not give other cough-and-cold medication that might contain the same or similar ingredients (see also Drug Interactions section). Ask the doctor or pharmacist about other ways to relieve cough and cold symptoms (such as drinking enough fluids, using a humidifier or saline nose drops/spray).
|Flavor(s)||BUBBLE GUM (C73368) |
NDC Code 70000-0492-1
Package Description: 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC in 1 BOX / 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC
Price per Unit: $0.01697 per ML
What are Allergy Relief Childrens Allergy Active Ingredients?
- DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 12.5 mg/5mL - A histamine H1 antagonist used as an antiemetic, antitussive, for dermatoses and pruritus, for hypersensitivity reactions, as a hypnotic, an antiparkinson, and as an ingredient in common cold preparations. It has some undesired antimuscarinic and sedative effects.
Allergy Relief Childrens Allergy Active Ingredients UNII Codes
- DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: TC2D6JAD40)
- DIPHENHYDRAMINE (UNII: 8GTS82S83M) (Active Moiety)
NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk
- RxCUI: 1049906 - diphenhydrAMINE HCl 12.5 MG in 5 mL Oral Solution
- RxCUI: 1049906 - diphenhydramine hydrochloride 2.5 MG/ML Oral Solution
- RxCUI: 1049906 - diphenhydramine HCl 12.5 MG per 5 ML Oral Solution
- RxCUI: 1049906 - diphenhydramine hydrochloride 12.5 MG per 5 ML Prefilled Spoon
- RxCUI: 1049906 - diphenhydramine hydrochloride 25 MG per 10 ML Oral Solution
Allergy Relief Childrens Allergy Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes
- ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL)
- GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX)
- POLOXAMER 407 (UNII: TUF2IVW3M2)
- WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R)
- SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU)
- SODIUM CHLORIDE (UNII: 451W47IQ8X)
- TRISODIUM CITRATE DIHYDRATE (UNII: B22547B95K)
- SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554)
- D&C RED NO. 33 (UNII: 9DBA0SBB0L)
- FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA)
* Please review the disclaimer below.
Diphenhydramine is used to relieve red, irritated, itchy, watery eyes; sneezing; and runny nose caused by hay fever, allergies, or the common cold. Diphenhydramine is also used to relieve cough caused by minor throat or airway irritation. Diphenhydramine is also used to prevent and treat motion sickness, and to treat insomnia (difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep). Diphenhydramine is also used to control abnormal movements in people who have early stage parkinsonian syndrome (a disorder of the nervous system that causes difficulties with movement, muscle control, and balance) or who are experiencing movement problems as a side effect of a medication. Diphenhydramine will relieve the symptoms of these conditions but will not treat the cause of the symptoms or speed recovery. Diphenhydramine should not be used to cause sleepiness in children. Diphenhydramine is in a class of medications called antihistamines. It works by blocking the action of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergic symptoms.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
Allergy Relief Childrens Allergy Product Label
FDA filings in the form of structured product labels are documents that include all published material associated whith this product. Product label information includes data like indications and usage generic names, contraindications, active ingredients, strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Label Table of Contents
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT (IN EACH 5 ML)
- DO NOT USE
- ASK A DOCTOR BEFORE USE IF THE CHILD HAS
- ASK A DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST BEFORE USE IF THE CHILD IS
- WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT
- KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
- OTHER INFORMATION
- INACTIVE INGREDIENTS
- QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
- PRODUCT LABEL
Active Ingredient (In Each 5 Ml)
Diphenhydramine HCl 12.5 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
Do Not Use
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- to make a child sleepy
Ask A Doctor Before Use If The Child Has
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- a sodium-restricted diet
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If The Child Is
taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When Using This Product
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Keep Out Of The Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in 24 hours
- take every 4 to 6 hours, or as directed by a doctor
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device.
- mL = milliliter
- keep dosing cup with product
- find the right dose on the chart below
|age (yr)||dose (mL)|
|children 6 to 11 years||5 mL to 10 mL|
|children 2 to 5 years||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|children under 2 years||do not use|
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 6 mg
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F). Do not refrigerate
- Protect from light. Store in outer carton until contents are used
anhydrous citric acid, D&C red #33, RD&C red#40, flavors, glycerin, poloxamer 407, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sucrose
Questions Or Comments?
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Principal Display Panel
COMPARE TO CHILDREN'S BENADRYL® ALLERGY active ingredient*
Oral Solution, 12.5 mg/5mL
Bubble Gum Flavor
Ages 6 to 11 years
Itchy, Watery Eyes
Itching of the Nose or Throat
Dosing Cup included
FL OZ (mL)
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, distributor of Benadryl® Allergy
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND BOTTLE OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
DISTRIBUTED BY CARDINAL HEALTH
DUBLIN, OHIO 43017
LEADER Children's Allergy Relief
* Please review the disclaimer below.